Tuesday 7 June 2011

You can't please everyone

Shopping is a varied experiance for me. Alone I can whiz round and pickup what I need, but with others I end up wandering the aisles like an unimpressed appariton. And as I tend to have a problem with the English queue mentality I dont really go in shops to 'browse'. Of course It helps if I can anticipate the situation (try shopping on sunday). When the queue is huge everyone suddenly gets defensive about there place and how slowly the people ahead are being, thats when I turn on what I like to call 'what's the hurry mode', oftens the case at this point I'll get ushered in front by sweet elderly ladies doing there weekly shopping, but to maintain the principle that everyone should just calm down I always turn down the offer usually saying "It's ok, Im not in a rush" which causes them to turn around slightly annoyed and just adds to the melting pot of GET ME OUT OF HERE. Therefore I will now resort to emotionless self service tills, whats the worst that could happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment